top of page
Full color square logo.png

EMC HIStory

IMG_4370.JPG

Circa 1957

IMG_4506.jpg

Sanctuary Prior to 1948

Erlanger Methodist Church is rooted in Erlanger history dating back to 1888 when it was founded as the Erlanger Methodist Episcopal Church, South. It all began with just eleven charter members, and services were held in a frame building that had previously been occupied by a "Union Congregation," which was the first in the community.

In 1924 educational facilities were added to the building. On January 4, 1948, fire damaged the building too extensively to warrant repair. The present sanctuary was built on the original site, with the first service being held New Year’s Day 1950. Since then, we have continued to grow and expand with the addition of an annex in 1961 that includes more sanctuary space and Sunday School classrooms. In 1968, we became part of the United Methodist Church after a union with the Evangelical United Brethren Church. Join us as we continue to build upon our strong foundation and serve our community.

 

Ground was broken on July 3, 1977 to add the final addition to our present building. This addition now includes a day care center, additional Sunday School classrooms, a youth area, a music room, parlor, pastor’s study, and secretary’s office. Our church is actively involved in the community of Erlanger, Kentucky and supports missionary work in ninety nations across the world. Join us in our mission to make a positive impact locally and globally.

Join us on an exciting journey as we put our trust in God to continue to mold us in His image! In 2023 EMC voted to disaffiliate from the United Methodist Church. Be a part of this historic moment and join our community.

bottom of page